Biweekly links for 03/16/2009
- 15-855: Intensive Intro to Computational Complexity
- Class blog for Carnegie-Mellon’s Intro course on Computational Complexity.
- Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable « Clay Shirky
- When a 14 year old kid can blow up your business in his spare time, not because he hates you but because he loves you, then you got a problem.
- Stephen Hawking rick rolls auditorium
- And the audience goes wild…
- Workshop on volunteer computing. Participants include Francois Grey of LHC@Home, and David Anderson of SETI@Home, and creator of Boinc, the software used to run many volunteer computing projects.
- [0903.1633] Deducing the Density Hales-Jewett Theorem from an infinitary removal lemma
- The first (of several, I would imagine) papers to emerge in part as a result of the Polymath1 project. Gives a new proof of the Density Hales-Jewett Theorem.
- Open Science, Closed Source and Microsoft « petermr’s blog
- Open Reading Frame: Fooling around with numbers, part 2
- Connections between price and various other factors for journals. Illuminating.
- Timeline for the Polymath1 Project
- “Some highlights of the polymath1 project to date.”
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.