Biweekly links for 04/06/2009
- Tricki available for viewing « Gowers’s Weblog
- The Tricki
- “The main body of the Tricki will be a (large, if all goes according to plan) collection of articles about methods for solving mathematical problems. These will be everything from very general problem-solving tips such as, “If you can’t solve the problem, then try to invent an easier problem that sheds light on it,” to much more specific advice such as, “If you want to solve a linear differential equation, you can convert it into a polynomial equation by taking the Fourier transform.””
- Wikipedia:Unusual articles
- Articles about February 30, Manhattenhenge, the Voynich manuscript, and many others.
- Factoring Again: No Joking « Gödel’s Lost Letter and P=NP
- Richard Lipton reviews some of the reasons to think that the factoring problem may be computationally easy.
- A near fork of Linux (September, 1998)
- A discussion on the Linux kernel mailing list, September 1998.
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.