Biweekly links for 06/22/2009
- How to read mathematics and physics
- A mini-essay I wrote, for Hacker News.
- Bytepawn – Readings in Distributed Systems
- Beautiful Data | O’Reilly Media
- Forthcoming book from Toby Segaran and Jeff Hammerbacher.
- » “Don’t ask, don’t tell” rights retention for scholarly articles The Occasional Pamphlet
- “A strange social contract has arisen in the scholarly publishing field, a kind of “don’t ask, don’t tell” approach to online distribution of articles by authors. Publishers officially forbid online distribution, authors do it anyway without telling the publishers, and publishers don’t ask them to stop even though it violates contractual obligations. What happens when you refuse to play that game? Read on.”
- Social Media for Scientists: Video Resources for Life Science Researchers
- Much of interest in there for all scientists.
- Computability in Artificial Intelligence « Machine Learning (Theory)
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.