Biweekly links for 07/18/2008
- Ethan Zuckerman: The complexity of sharing scientific databases
- An insightful outsider’s take on data sharing.
- Homophily, anti-recommendation, and Driveway Moments « Jon Udell
- Great piece on how to find the best information from diverse sources. Includes many excellent recommendations for information sources.
- Howard Rheingold on Virtual Communities
- This is the paper that introduced the term virtual community.
- LoserCamp | Tara Hunt
- The post from which FailCamp arose: “What we need to get out of this is NOT a formula for avoiding failure, but a bunch of anecdotes on how we can minimize the impacts of failure in order to fail over and over and over again.”
- Kurt Vonnegut on writing
- Fighting Technological Indulgences – igvita.com
- “Does that mean we should always focus on the short term goals? Not at all. The luxury of time is exactly that… But having this luxury can also buy you a strategic advantage: you can trade short term goals for a higher return in the long term.”
- dangerouslyawesome: FailCamp
- Great idea: “We all make mistakes. The best of us learn from them. The best of the best help others learn from their mistakes. These can be business failures. These can be life failures. We want your fail.”
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.