Biweekly links for 12/22/2008
- Trailer for “Perkins 14”, a crowdsourced film
- Workshop program « Open Science workshop :: PSB 2009
- Looks like a lot of fun! I wish I could have attended.
- Stefan Didak’s Home Office
- It’s a whole new world – who knew there were so many webpages lovingly describing people’s home offices. I’d guess this one cost about $100,000 to put together, and could probably be used to run the NSA.
- Office FAQ
- Wonderful details from someone’s home office. Love the detail. And the screen bank is just cool.
- Computers owned per one hundred people, country ranking | The Economist
- Israel is far out in front, with Canada in second.
- The Flynn Effect: Troubles with Intelligence 2 « Neuroanthropology
- Readable survey of some work on the Flynn effect, i.e., the (remarkably rapid) rise in IQs over time. (A common response is to say “IQ’s can’t rise on average, because the average is always 100”. There’s no problem here – the tests are periodically renormed because of this. An IQ of 100 today isn’t the same as an IQ of 100 fifty years ago.)
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.