Revision as of 16:06, 26 July 2009 by Teorth
This is the wiki for polymath projects - massively collaborative online mathematical projects. The idea of such projects originated in Tim Gowers' blog post Is massively collaborative mathematics possible?
Existing polymath projects
- Polymath1: New proofs and bounds for the density Hales-Jewett theorem. Initiated Feb 1, 2009; now in the process of writing up the results.
- Polymath2: Must an “explicitly defined” Banach space contain c_0 or ell_p? Initiated Feb 17, 2009; largely inactive at present
- Mini-polymath1: Solving Problem 6 of the 2009 International Mathematical Olympiad. Initiated July 20, 2009; five proofs obtained so far.
Proposed polymath projects
- The cap set problem. Proposed March 25, 2009 (see also these two followup posts).
- Polymath3? The polynomial Hirsch conjecture. Proposed July 17, 2009.