Difference between revisions of "Talk:Main Page"
m (→Test edit)
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
== Test edit ==
== Test edit ==
Please ignore. [[User:WikiSysop|WikiSysop]] :, (UTC)
Latest revision as of 13:35, 22 October 2014
It would be cool to have a polymath logo to replace "set $wgLogo to the URL path...".
- Done. A logo is being trialled. MichaelNielsen 00:59, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- ... [earlier conversation]
- To the issue: it wasn't at all clear that you were proposing a collaborative evaluation of his proof. Now that you have, I quite agree that it'd be good to have a sensible process for proposing problems on the wiki. At the moment those have mostly been going on the page Other proposed projects, which is linked prominently on the main page. At present I don't see a problem with putting this proposal on that page. What do you think? MichaelNielsen 01:08, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- Over the longer run (and independent of this particular proposal), there is a real issue, which is that we need some better process for deciding what's a reasonable way of proposing projects, which is both open enough, but also doesn't waste people's time on uninteresting proposals. This seems like a tricky balance to get right. In an ideal world, wiki software would make it so users only saw things which will be of interest to them. Unfortunately, we don't yet live in that world. MichaelNielsen 01:11, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- could someone fix the editing help link on the bottom of the wiki edit page & on home page? isnt there a built in help page for this wiki software? it currently leads to empty page. not very user friendly eh? in particular is there a tag that substitutes in the current time for discussion edits? vzn 12/10/2012
- idea: some kind of voting/weighting/ranking system for prioritizing/sorting projects and gauging user interest/support vzn 12/10/2012
- note that stackexchange (used by mathoverflow) has very neat capabilities and functionality. imagine a stackexchange dedicated to polymath. this would allow voting on polymath-related items such as proposals, partial results/directions/ideas etc. unfortunately the stackexchange requirements for membership base are high, it possibly requires a few hundred users minimum to commit, but maybe they could consider a special worthwhile case? new stackexchange proposals are on area51. Vzn 17:23, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
Please ignore. WikiSysop 21:35, 22 October 2014 (UTC)