Revision as of 09:15, 28 December 2012 by Vzn
It would be cool to have a polymath logo to replace "set $wgLogo to the URL path...".
- Done. A logo is being trialled. MichaelNielsen 00:59, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- ... [earlier conversation]
- To the issue: it wasn't at all clear that you were proposing a collaborative evaluation of his proof. Now that you have, I quite agree that it'd be good to have a sensible process for proposing problems on the wiki. At the moment those have mostly been going on the page Other proposed projects, which is linked prominently on the main page. At present I don't see a problem with putting this proposal on that page. What do you think? MichaelNielsen 01:08, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- Over the longer run (and independent of this particular proposal), there is a real issue, which is that we need some better process for deciding what's a reasonable way of proposing projects, which is both open enough, but also doesn't waste people's time on uninteresting proposals. This seems like a tricky balance to get right. In an ideal world, wiki software would make it so users only saw things which will be of interest to them. Unfortunately, we don't yet live in that world. MichaelNielsen 01:11, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- could someone fix the editing help link on the bottom of the wiki edit page & on home page? isnt there a built in help page for this wiki software? it currently leads to empty page. not very user friendly eh? in particular is there a tag that substitutes in the current time for discussion edits? vzn 12/10/2012
- idea: some kind of voting/weighting/ranking system for prioritizing/sorting projects and gauging user interest/support vzn 12/10/2012