Biweekly links for 01/05/2009
- Paul Buchheit: Overnight success takes a long time
- Interesting discussion of what it takes to develop a successful technology, from one of the founders of FriendFeed, and the original creator of gmail.
- Trevor Strohman: Efficient Processing of Complex Features for Information Retrieval
- Trevor Strohman’s thesis. Surveys search systems, and develops TupleFlow, a system extending MapReduce, intended for use in building certain indices for use in search
- Cloud N
- Excellent blog on cloud and massively parallel computing from Bill McColl.
- The washing machine on Twitter
- “A […] bright and entrepreneurial young man has hacked a washing machine so that it tweets every time it finishes a load of laundry. Presumably so he can get a direct reminder to hang the load out, or put it on to dry.”
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.