Biweekly links for 03/03/2008
- The peace corps for geeks – aims to transfer skills to entrepeneurs in developing countries.
- Ethan Zuckerman: From TED to BIL
- Interesting list of rules for successful heretics, from Aubrey de Gray.
- Not An Employee
- Vertical disintegration: the more complex, creative and unique a project is, the more impetus there is toward the small firm. The ultimate expression of this is the free agent.
- Jo Walton: The industrial ruins of elfland
- “I grew up in a post-industrial landscape. I didn’t know it, of course. I thought it was normal. “
- Geldof and Bush: Diary From the Road
- Excellent interview by Bob Geldof, going beyond the usual portrait by the journalists of either the left or the right.
- Zogby poll: Internet is the top source of news for nearly half of Americans;
- The internet gets 50%; newspapers are at 10%.
- Judge Says Wikileaks Site Can Have Its Web Address Back – Bits – Technology – New York Times Blog
- Whither the rule of law? “At a hearing, United States District Judge Jeffrey S. White appeared at times visibly frustrated that technology might have outrun the law and that, as a result, the court might not be able to rein in information disclosed online”
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.