Biweekly links for 06/09/2008
- Formerly Elegant Milky Way Galaxy Downclassed As Cheap, Lousy “Bar Galaxy”
- Two arms, not four.
- JASON report on “Human Performance”
- Turning web traffic into citations
- Demonstrates a high correlation between web traffic and citations, at least in some limited instances. Unfortunately, the former metric is a lot easier to game than the latter.
- Beijing Subway Single Journey Ticket Route Map: Made by Wikipedia
- A WIkipedia image has ended up on Beijing Subway tickets, with some violation of the GNU Free Documentation License used by Wikipedia. Not sure what China’s IP laws are in this regard.
- Paul Krugman – Bits, Bands and Books, Paying for Creativity in a Digital World – Op-Ed – NYTimes.com
- “But in the long run, we are all the Grateful Dead.”
- Rupert Murdoch on Politics, Obama and McCain
- Murdoch more or less comes out and endorses Obama over McCain. I wonder what this means for Fox News?
- We must be into double digits on the “Facebook for scientists” thing.
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.