Biweekly links for 06/22/2009
- How to read mathematics and physics
- A mini-essay I wrote, for Hacker News.
- Bytepawn – Readings in Distributed Systems
- Beautiful Data | O’Reilly Media
- Forthcoming book from Toby Segaran and Jeff Hammerbacher.
- Â» â€œDonâ€™t ask, donâ€™t tellâ€ rights retention for scholarly articles The Occasional Pamphlet
- “A strange social contract has arisen in the scholarly publishing field, a kind of â€œdonâ€™t ask, donâ€™t tellâ€ approach to online distribution of articles by authors. Publishers officially forbid online distribution, authors do it anyway without telling the publishers, and publishers donâ€™t ask them to stop even though it violates contractual obligations. What happens when you refuse to play that game? Read on.”
- Social Media for Scientists: Video Resources for Life Science Researchers
- Much of interest in there for all scientists.
- Computability in Artificial Intelligence Â« Machine Learning (Theory)
Click here for all of my del.icio.us bookmarks.